BNO070 Development Kit
Hillcrest offers two software tools to accelerate your development and prototyping with the Freespace® MotionEngine. The Freespace MotionStudio toolkit and the libfreespace open source library are free to download and support all Freespace reference kits.
The BNO070 Development Kit is a demonstration and evaluation platform for the BNO070. The development kit is designed as a ‘shield’ that can connect to open prototyping platforms such as the Arduino™ (pending) and STM32 Nucleo (included with the kit).
Contents of the Development Kit include:
Hillcrest BNO070 Development Board
STMicroelectronics Nucleo F411RE Development Board
To read more, Click Here
Freespace MotionStudio is an intuitive toolset that provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface to allow developers to accelerate the evaluation of Freespace motion technologies and products. It provides tools for experimenting with Freespace-enabled devices connected to a PC running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7.
Freespace MotionStudio includes:
- Motion Chart: Plot and log motion data.
- Mouse Display: Display mouse motion, buttons and scroll wheel data in real time.
- Virtual Object: Display a virtual object that moves with the physical Freespace device.
- Fitts’ Law Test: Test pointer performance.
- Reference Kit Configuration Tools: Additional tools including firmware upgrade, button/LED configuration, and device reorientation.
Libfreespace is an open source library that enables rapid development of custom applications for devices using Freespace motion technology.With libfreespace you can:
- Discover and connect to Freespace enabled devices
- Get calibrated linear acceleration and angular velocity measurements
- Get calibrated angular position (orientation) measurements
- Control power management and enable continuous measurement mode
- Update the configuration and firmware of Freespace devices
Supported platforms include Linux 2.6, Windows XP, Vista, and 7, and other platforms that support libusb 1.0
To download libfreespace: https://github.com/hcrest/libfreespace
For libfreespace examples: https://github.com/hcrest/libfreespace-examples
For libfreespace support: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/libfreespace
To download the HCOMM Reference Manual: HCOMM Reference Manual