Freespace MotionStudio is an intuitive toolset that provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface to allow developers to accelerate the evaluation of Freespace motion technologies and products. It provides tools for experimenting with Freespace-enabled devices connected to a PC running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7.
Freespace MotionStudio includes:
- Motion Chart: Plot and log motion data.
- Mouse Display: Display mouse motion, buttons and scroll wheel data in real time.
- Virtual Object: Display a virtual object that moves with the physical Freespace device.
- Fitts’ Law Test: Test pointer performance.
- Reference Kit Configuration Tools: Additional tools including firmware upgrade, button/LED configuration, and device reorientation.
Libfreespace is an open source library that enables rapid development of custom applications for devices using Freespace motion technology.With libfreespace you can:
- Discover and connect to Freespace enabled devices
- Get calibrated linear acceleration and angular velocity measurements
- Get calibrated angular position (orientation) measurements
- Control power management and enable continuous measurement mode
- Update the configuration and firmware of Freespace devices
Supported platforms include Linux 2.6, Windows XP, Vista, and 7, Mac OS 10.5, and other platforms that support libusb 1.0
For more information about libfreespace, visit our developer site.