The Ultimate Motion Control Solution for Smart TVs
Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV is powerful sensor fusion software which brings cursor, gesture, and motion control to Smart TVs and their peripherals. The product of over a decade of research and numerous successful mass market deployments, it is the highest performing motion solution available for Smart TVs.
TV as a Tablet
MotionEngine Smart TV brings the smartphone and tablet user experience to the TV. Intuitive motion controls replicate the point-and-press, swipes, gestures, and drag-and drop functions which have made smartphones and tablets essential to own and easy to use.
Making Smart TV Fun
MotionEngine empowers users to go beyond the traditional TV experience by making app interaction, motion gaming, web browsing, and content discovery on the TV fun and engaging.
Pick Up and Play
The industry’s most advanced sensor calibration and sensor fusion combine with unique Freespace features to create natural and intuitive controls that users can instantly use.
MotionEngine Smart TV is integrated into numerous successful mass market products which are used by millions of consumers every day.
MotionEngine Smart TV vs Lite
Two MotionEngine products are optimized for the needs of Smart TV companies: MotionEngine Smart TV and MotionEngine Lite. MotionEngine Smart TV is typically host-based and provides the most comprehensive and advanced motion processing features available to the industry. MotionEngine Lite is typically an embedded solution which provides comparable pointing and cursor control performance without some of the additional motion features provided by the full Smart TV software.
Comprehensive Motion Coverage
- Precise Cursor Control – provides the most accurate and stable cursor control available
- Gesture Recognition Engine – over 50 pre-defined character gestures and unlimited user-defined gestures
- Advanced Gaming – full motion output enables realistic golf, tennis and driving simulators, as well as point and click games.
- Virtual Controls – intuitive motions, such as tilting and twisting the remote, can be used to control the interface. Examples include twisting the remote to control volume, or tilting the remote to scroll through menus.
- Automatic Calibration – Eliminates Gyro drift and interference with no user calibration requirements
- Intelligent Motion Stabilization – Stabilizes motion caused by hand tremor and in-air button clicks
- Orientation Compensation – Patented feature which ensures ‘up’ is always ‘up’ regardless of remote control position and roll
- Smallest ‘Dead Zone’ – Reduced motion dead zone vs. competitors makes it easier to select small targets
- Lowest Latency – Systems optimized for minimal latency and responsive feel
- Modular architecture and compact code size
- Host (TV or Set Top Box) SoC, remote control, or USB transceiver dongle processing locations
- Available for Linux® and Android™
- Portable to custom platforms