Hillcrest Labs is the leading global supplier of software and hardware for motion-enabled products. Our Freespace® technology transforms human movement into high quality, application-ready motion information. With a decade of development and many unique patented features, products come to life with Freespace motion. Companies licensing or using Hillcrest’s motion technology include: Atmel, Eastman Kodak, Intel, LG Electronics, Logitech, Roku, SMK Electronics, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., TCL Multimedia, and others.
For consumers, Hillcrest offers the Kylo™ browser, a free Web browser for TV viewing. Hillcrest has received numerous awards and recognitions including the prestigious CES Innovations Honoree Award multiple times, IMS Research’s TV Innovation Awards, EE Times’ ACE Award, PC World’s 100 Best Products and Greatest Tech Designs, Popular Mechanics’ Editors Choice, ECN’s Reader’s Choice Tech, and many others. Additional information about Hillcrest’s broad portfolio of motion control products is available at: www.HillcrestLabs.com. Follow Hillcrest on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HillcrestLabs or Twitter at @HillcrestLabs.
- Founded: 2001; Renamed Hillcrest Laboratories in 2005
- Target Industries: Smart TVs, Smartphones and Tablets, Consumer Electronics, Service Providers, and other markets.
- Investors: NEA, Columbia Capital and Grotech Ventures
- Headquarters: Rockville, Maryland
- Full History in The Freespace Story section
- Daniel Simpkins – Founder, Chairman, and CEO
- Charles W.K. Gritton Ph.D. – Chief Technology Officer
- Chad Lucien – Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Peter Jackson – Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Dave Karlin – Senior Vice President, Customer Programs
Product Photo Downloads
The following images are available for use by the media under the following guidelines:
Photos available via the Hillcrest Labs website are only for use by accredited members of the media. We will permit the use of Hillcrest Labs photography by the media as long as the use will not disparage Hillcrest Labs nor imply endorsement by Hillcrest Labs. The photography cannot be changed or manipulated in any way with the exception of resizing or cropping. By downloading our product photography you are indicating that you accept these terms and are an accredited member of the media.