Hillcrest Labs, a subsidiary of InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC), is a leading global supplier of software, components and intellectual property to enable the intelligent use of sensors in consumer electronics and IoT devices. For more than 10 years, Hillcrest’s Freespace® sensor processing technology has powered advanced motion controllers in a wide variety of products including Smart TV’s, set-top boxes, PC’s, and game consoles. Today, Hillcrest’s products are used in the development of devices in the virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), robotics, TV and motion remote control segments. Our proprietary and patented Freespace® technology transforms human and machine movement into high quality, application-ready information which enables developers and manufacturers to create everyday products that work with precision.
Companies licensing or using Hillcrest’s motion technology include: LeEco, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Razer, Roku, Samsung Electronics, Sharp Electronics, Skyworth, SMK Electronics, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., TCL Multimedia, and others.
Hillcrest has received numerous awards and recognitions including the prestigious CES Innovations Honoree Award multiple times, IMS Research’s TV Innovation Awards, EE Times’ ACE Award, PC World’s 100 Best Products and Greatest Tech Designs, Popular Mechanics’ Editors Choice, ECN’s Reader’s Choice Tech, and many others. Additional information about Hillcrest’s broad portfolio of sensor processing software, components and intellectual property is available at: hillcrestlabs.com. Follow Hillcrest on LinkedIn.
- Founded: 2001; Renamed Hillcrest Laboratories in 2005
- Target Industries: Consumer electronics and IoT industries focusing on virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), robotics, TV and remote controls.
- Investors: NEA, AllianceBernstein, Columbia Capital and Grotech Ventures
- Headquarters: Rockville, Maryland
- Daniel Simpkins – Founder, Chairman, and CEO
- Charles W.K. Gritton Ph.D. – Chief Technology Officer
- Chad Lucien – Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Peter Jackson – Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Dave Karlin – Senior Vice President, Product Strategy
- Steve Scheirey – Vice President, Software Development
- Steve Francz – Vice President, Hardware and Operations
Product Photo Downloads
The following images are available for use by the media under the following guidelines:
Photos available via the Hillcrest Labs website are only for use by accredited members of the media. We will permit the use of Hillcrest Labs photography by the media as long as the use will not disparage Hillcrest Labs nor imply endorsement by Hillcrest Labs. The photography cannot be changed or manipulated in any way with the exception of resizing or cropping. By downloading our product photography you are indicating that you accept these terms and are an accredited member of the media.