– The BNO080’s high precision motion tracking, 1 KHz sensor fusion, low latency, and low power make this an essential component for consumer electronics and IoT products –
Rockville, MD – December 13, 2016 – Hillcrest Labs’ BNO080 sensor node is a 9-axis System in Package (SiP) which enables rapid prototyping and development of sensor-enabled Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Robotics and IoT devices. Co-developed by Hillcrest Labs and Bosch Sensortec, it features a high-performance accelerometer, magnetometer, and gyroscope with a low-power 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+ MCU in a small package. Hillcrest’s sensor hub software, pre-integrated on the BNO080, provides exceptional 9-Axis and 6-Axis motion tracking to enable exciting sensor applications in diverse consumer products.
The BNO080 builds on the success of Hillcrest’s BNO070 solution and now provides new application specific configurations and features in a small turn-key component. Product developers and OEMs will benefit through faster time-to-market, reductions in development time and BOM cost, and a solution that delivers the highest precision and quality. The BNO080 is designed for use in a variety of applications including:
- AR and VR Head-tracking: Designed for Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) head-tracking, the BNO080 boasts 1KHz sensor fusion, 2 msec of latency, predictive tracking, and Hillcrest’s patented AR/VR Stabilization feature
- AR and VR 3DoF Controllers: Market proven Freespace® motion technology enables high precision 3DoF controllers for VR and AR systems
- Autonomous Robot Navigation: Ideal for use in navigation systems for autonomous robots with high accuracy heading that consistently delivers 0.5°/min long term bias drift and maintains its heading even when the surface is not level
- IoT Devices: A single chip, turn-key solution for sensor-based IoT devices that require high performance heading, orientation and vibration detection operating at low power
With sensors and software pre-integrated, the BNO080 eases system integration, provides faster time to market and reduces development costs. The BNO080 is delivered as a single chip solution with a compact size (5.2mm x 3.8mm x 1.1 mm) that makes it ideal for consumer electronics devices, where both power and space are limited. In addition, Hillcrest’s BNO080 Development Kit provides customers with a simple and effective evaluation platform for the product. The development kit contains the BNO080 Development Board (designed as a ‘shield’ board), a STM32 Nucleo Dev Platform, and Hillcrest’s MotionStudio2.0 Evaluation Software. The beta release of the BNO080 and its development kit are available now for pre-order with general availability in Q1 2017.
For more information about the BNO080 and Hillcrest’s broad portfolio of sensor processing products, visit: www.hillcrestlabs.com
About Hillcrest Labs:
Hillcrest Labs is the leading global supplier of software, components and intellectual property to enable the intelligent use of sensors in Consumer Electronics and IoT devices. For more than 10 years, Hillcrest’s ground breaking Freespace® sensor processing technology has powered some of the most advanced motion controllers in a wide variety of products including Smart TV’s, set-top boxes, PC’s, and game consoles. Today, Hillcrest’s products are essential to the development of market leading devices in the virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), robotics, TV and motion remote control segments. Our proprietary and patented Freespace® technology transforms human and machine movement into high quality, application-ready information which enables developers and manufacturers to create everyday products that work with precision.
All company names and trademarks remain property of their respective owners.
For press inquiries: Chad Lucien, Hillcrest Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-240-386-0600, ext. 5254
For sales inquiries: Contact your account manager or reach out to us on our Contact Us page